Thursday, 6 April 2017

Spring Skincare Routine


It’s that time of year again. The clocks have gone forward, which means the nights are getting longer. It’s so light out it’s getting increasingly difficult to justify coming straight home and binge watching Netflix. Everyone is clearing out the junk they hoarded through the winter, dusting off the top of the cupboards and suddenly flowers are appearing in every room. Spring has become synonymous with having a clear out of your home and perhaps life in general. It is the perfect excuse to start getting rid of some of those bad habits. 

One of them for me is my skincare routine. Or rather lack of it. Lately I have been abandoning most forms of skin care in favour of a cheap wet wipe. Quick, simple but probably not effective in transforming my troubled skin from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan. So with a determined spring in my step I made a beeline over to Superdrug to invest in some skincare products. After much deliberation, and a little help from the friendly staff, I settled on these three. I’ll talk about all three individually but I just want to take a moment to say that as a trio they are getting along just swimmingly!

Garnier Skin Active Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water


Wow that was a mouthful. Okay so this is step one in my current skincare routine. I saw the Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water popping up on social media a few months ago. I absolutely love oil based skin care ever since getting some of the L’oreal extraordinary oils range last summer, so I went for this one instead. I think they get your make up off so much easier than other makeup removers, meaning you don’t have to scrub too much or too hard. This is rather important as I am one of those millennials having a quarter life crisis and I have become a bit paranoid about getting wrinkles. 

This one smells really good, this is not the most important factor but it’s a nice touch. Give it a shake before use then put a little bit on a cotton wool pad and simply wipe over your face, eye and lips. Apparently you just need 2ml per use so you can get 400 washes per bottle, but I sorta feel like this is a bit of an unrealistic goal. It works as the micelles (cleansing agents) capture the impurities and the oils dissolve the makeup. I’ve found it does take off my makeup really quickly and easily and what I really like is that you don’t need to rinse afterwards. So when I’m in a bit of a lazy mood before going to bed (aka most nights) it just takes a few quick wipes to remove my makeup.

St. Ives Apricot Gentle Scrub


I had never actually heard of this brand before, one of the women who worked at the store recommended it to me when I said I was looking for a new face wash. I think there were three different types. I chose the one for sensitive skin as my face can be a bit temperamental and doesn’t always react well to new things. It’s an exfoliator, so it’s got that sort of stony texture which I prefer in a face wash as it feels like your skin is getting a really deep clean. Again, I know it’s not important but this one smells very delicious and apricoty. Apply it to your wet face, give it a good scrub and then rinse it straight off. My skin feels really clean and smooth afterwards. It hasn’t irritated my skin like some face washes can do so this one is ticking lots of boxes for me.

L’oreal Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Oil Cream


After using a face wash my skin tends to feel a little dry so I always follow up with a moisturiser. I have already dedicated half a blog post to this little beaut. I absolutely love everything about it - the packaging, the smell, the texture. After I finished it last time I decided to stray for a bit and test some new face creams. I’ve just finished up a Lush face cream and I was planning on finding a new brand I’ve not tried before. Buuuut I walked past this and I just couldn’t resist buying it. It is so so good, it makes my skin feel really smooth and soft. The smoothness actually lasts a good few hours too, where with some face creams this feeling can disappear really quickly. I really cannot recommend it enough.

So that is  currently my spring skincare routine. A couple of brand new products to me as well as an old romance. My skin is already feeling and looking a lot healthier. I swear I am going to try my hardest to stick to these products instead of reaching for the face wipes. It’s usually laziness that stops me, but this makeup remover is so quick so it’s looking promising! What are your go to skincare products right now? Have you used any of these?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig