Wednesday, 12 October 2016

5 Reasons to Fall for Autumn

Autumn is such a great time of the year with the crunchy leaves, wooly jumpers and roaring fires. I know there are many summer lovers who absolutely hate it, what with the lack of sun and sudden drop in temperature. So I thought I’d put together a little post on 5 reasons to fall for autumn, to hopefully sway your views on this gorgeous season. Prepare to fall in love with autumn (hopefully)…


  1. The Colours
The leaves turn from the bright and fresh shades of green to the gloriously rich shades of red, orange and yellow. Everywhere begins to look and feel a little more magical. Also when the leaves fall from the trees and onto the path, you get to stand on the dry ones and hear that satisfying crunchy sound (just me?). Then there’s the giant piles of colourful leaves you get to kick, letting your inner child break out to the surface.

2. The Fashion

You have to admit, the fashion is the most comfortable, cosy and cute fashion of the year. The first point of colours is relevant to the fashion too. I love all the rich shades that begin popping up in the shops. So dig out those chunky sweaters, blankets scarves and bobble hats and prepare to feel as snug as a bug in a rug. You can also toss aside your shavers for a few months without it being too obvious!

3. The Cosy Nights In

If we’re all truly honest with ourselves, staying in is the new going out. I remember when I was younger I made it my mission to go out as much as humanely and financially possible. But nowadays I’d rather skip the crowds and the costly nights out for a cosy night in watching films by the fire. When the sun is shining I feel so guilty about not being outside, but  when it’s cold and dark it’s the perfect excuse to stay in. You save on money and you feel fresher the next morning. 

4. The Food & Drink

Okay so I know the dramatic drop in weather isn’t ideal. However, with this comes all the autumn food and drink! That means hot chocolates, warm soups and heated puddings! I usually ditch the salads once autumn arrives and spend my Sundays afternoons making a batch of homemade soup for the week ahead. Also, all of the coffee shops go to town on making new flavours such as pumpkin spiced lattes and caramel fudge hot chocolates.

5. The Wonders that are Halloween and Bonfire Night

If you live in the UK you are lucky enough to get these two great national holidays within a week of each other. I think Halloween is one of my favourite nights of the year, a lot better than new years eve. I love dressing up silly and dancing with the girls! Then there’s bonfire night….ah bonfire night. I love it so much. Warming up in front of the giant fire, eating sticky sweet candy floss and watching the night sky light up with all the pretty fireworks.

I hope this has helped you fall in love with autumn. While we’ll miss the beautiful sunny summer days, there’s plenty of autumn goodness to keep us going! What do you love most about autumn?

Share:

2 comments

  1. Cosy nights in and several hot chocolates are defo our fav our Autumn! Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica & James
    Foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best nights! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig