Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Game of Brows

Nothing is more intense, full of drama or contains as many plot twists. I remember as a little girl my mother said to me, just as her mother said to her, “daughter, brows are coming”. From generation to generation we were told how the First Women all recognised the strength of the brow. How they shaped our community, as well as our face. Well, now it is my turn to pass on the pencil of knowledge and tell you of two strong characters in the most dangerous and rewarding game we women know…the game of brows.


Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil - £10
I am so in love with this brow kit. I am an auburn-y ginger and chose the shade Brownie Points which works perfectly. So the first end you use is the brow tint which is a felt tip applicator. This is soft and flexible and fills in my brows whilst still looking natural. Then I use the pencil to blend and shape. This is light enough for day use but if you want a more dramatic look for a night out you can always double apply.


NYX Sculpt & Highlight Brow Contour - £8
I got this in light beige. It’s a little darker than the Soap & Glory brow kit so I mainly use this on a night out as I prefer my makeup to look more natural during the day. So you twist the pencil end to get the pencil out and then shape and sculpt along the brow. My favourite part of this product is the highlighter which lets you contour your brows – who even knew you could contour brows?! I thought it was a load of hoo har but it actually does make your brows look more defined.


I like both of these products, each has its own little perk. But this is the game of brows and only one may conquer all….who will you stand behind?

Let me know what you think in the comment section below and share if you like.




Share:

7 comments

  1. Love the title of this post haha. The NYX product looks amazing, might have to get myself it!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, made me chuckle ☺️ The nyx is worth buying just for the highlighter! X x

      Delete
  2. I love the S&G Archery but I've never tried any of the NYX brow products before I really need to though as I love the brand xx
    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm new to NYX but I'm loving what I've had so far, their bronzer is amazing! x

      Delete
  3. I love brows<3

    When I was younger, I didn't see the value on how much they can dramatically change your face!
    Have you tried the brow pencil from Anastasia? It's actually AMAZING.
    If you love brows as much as me, you will love it!!

    Fun post <3

    -Jenn| www.creativeboundess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's only in the past year I've even begun to think about my brows, but there's so much good stuff out there it'd be hard not to buy anything! No, I haven't. I'll be on the look out now though!

      Thanks :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. The title got me 😝, love it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig