Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Albert Docks

Looking for a free (almost) and lovely day out? Then look no further then Albert Docks in Liverpool. After spontaneously deciding we wanted to go away on Bank Holiday Monday the boyfriend found us cheap last minute tickets to Liverpool - £4 each way! Great tip – get yourself a 16-25 rail card (if you’re 16-25 obviously) and you can get a third off your rail travels for a year. So on Monday morning off we popped, on a slightly less than lovely train, and within an hour we were at Liverpool Lime Street.


It was a beautiful sunny day, which goes completely against English Bank Holiday rules, so it was a great day to just absent-mindedly stroll around outside – I love a good stroll. Firstly we went around the Walker Art gallery (free) as this is right next to the train station (it currently has a Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood Exhibition who I love but you have to pay £7 to see that) and then we made our way down to Albert Docks. Such a beautiful and vibrant part of the city with a variety of buskers playing different types of music on every corner and ice creams vans dotted all over the place. 

 



There’s lots of shops and restaurants around the docks to go in, especially with the Liverpool One shopping complex right next door. We decided to work our way a little more into town to find some independent restaurants and also because the places right by the docks are a little overpriced for my liking. After walking up a hill in the sweltering heat for 20 minutes we got to a place I discovered on-line only to find out its shut on Mondays – unlucky! However there are so many places to eat out we quickly found somewhere just around the corner that did burger and a drink for £10 – if I remember the name I will put the link in, the burger was incredible!





Afterwards we wandered back down towards Albert Docks and visited the Museum of Liverpool which was really fun and quite interactive – and yes, free again! One of my favourite things in there was Hagrid’s motorbike from Harry Potter, I’m such a Potter head! With a couple more hours to kill until our train home we grabbed a milkshake then lazed about by the docks again fitting in a spot of people watching – one of my favourite past times. So there you have it, an inexpensive day out in an energetic city! I’m definitely going to make my way back to Liverpool, especially now I found out the train tickets are so cheap! Have you been before? Where would you recommend visiting while there?
Share:

1 comment

  1. I love Liverpool!! Please can you bring me a burger beanie?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig