Sunday, 15 May 2016

Browns, Manchester

I moved to Manchester last year and I’ve been meaning to try out Browns for a while now. So when they got in touch a couple of weeks ago and asked if I’d like to come along and sample their new evening menu I obviously jumped at the chance, but ya know, in a cool and aloof sort of way (hem). Browns is located in central Manchester on York Street. I love this part of Manchester, all of the architecture is beautiful and Browns does not disappoint. It’s in the converted Athenaeum which was originally the ‘imposing banking hall of Parrs Bank’. Basically it’s bloody beautiful. 


So the first thing we tried were the cocktails (naturally). We had a British Royal, which is a vodka based cocktail with rhubarb, and we also tried the Rose Garden. Personally this one is my fave, probably because it has gin in it, it tasted so sweet. I may or may not have gone up for seconds. There were a lot of canapés floating around throughout the evening, all of them delicious. I think I liked the ‘expresso style’ steak pasty the most out of the mains, it was SO rich in flavour. But the highlight of the night had to be the chocolate brownie. Oh my god it was the best brownie I have ever had ever. Like ever. I highly recommend trying this if you visit. Except I feel like I may have built it up too much now…it’s fine, you know, just your standard brownie (it’s not!).






IMHO: The food was incredibly tasty and the cocktails were worth the money – I feel like in some places in Manchester you can pay a lot of money for a shot of spirit and a bit of fruit juice but these ones looked great and they tasted great too. The prices are on the upper middle bracket price range but the food is worthy of this and every Monday – Friday from 12pm – 7pm you can enjoy two courses for £10.95 with deals on cocktails too. Bottom line is with the beautiful building, fabulous food and classy cocktails I would recommend Browns for a lovely night out.


Subscribe if you want to keep up to date with my posts.

Disclaimer: Food & drink were complimentary but all opinions, especially those on the brownie, are my own
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig