Sunday, 1 May 2016

April Favourites - Rimmel


Rimmel is my go to brand of make-up. I think they’re a good balance between affordability and quality. Superdrug always seem to have some sort of offer on them, usually a three for two, and I do love a good bargain. So here are my three favourite Rimmel products that I bought in April.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Full Coverage Foundation
I have recently been using the Rimmel Perfect Match foundation and really liked that, I think the colour matched my skin tone quite well. However, a friend recommended buying the Rimmel Lasting Finish instead as she’s tried both and prefers this one. I got it in 200 Soft Beige as my skin tone is quite fair. This matches up really well with my colour, it doesn’t look like I’m wearing foundation at all. It blended in nicely and doesn’t feel too thick. Although I do like the Rimmel Perfect Match I think I much prefer the Rimmel Lasting Finish.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick
As I just mentioned, I have quite fair skin. I usually go for bold reds and pinks when it comes to lipstick or, when I’m feeling brave, a dark purpley colour. I love the dark dramatic lipstick look but sometimes they can wash me out leaving me looking paler than I normally am. So I have seen nude lipsticks popping up on my Instagram feed and thought these could be a great alternative and might match up well with lighter skin. I got this in number 40 shade and I LOVE it! It’s a little different and it matches with my skin tone, although it did scare they boyfriend a little, in his words it ‘looks like you’ve got no lips’.


Rimmel London Super Gel
Finally let’s talk about these Gel polishes. I must confess I don’t know an awful lot about nail things but I have overheard people saying gel polishes are great for staying on longer and not chipping. My nail varnish always chips so easily. It says you’re supposed to put two coats of the Super Gel colour on followed by the Top Coat to get up to ‘14 days’ worth of shine’. I didn’t realise you were supposed to get the Top Coat so I have just put on the colour; it went on really easily and has so far not chipped – woo! I think these are now my favourite Rimmel nail varnishes, I picked up two: Red Ginger and Urban Purple.



What have been your favourite April beauty buys?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig