Thursday, 5 May 2016

5 Ways to De-stress


1.   Take a walk
Yes there will be no prizes on creativity for this one but I actually find it one of the most effective ways to de-stress. Just get out of the house/work/building/wherever you are and go get some fresh air. I always find things fall into perspective and I can feel the stress fading away with every step, especially when that step is into a beer garden. Each lunch time at work, especially on one of those days, I make sure I get out for a short walk even if it’s just for ten minutes. It releases endorphins and you might catch some lovely views.

2.   Exercise & eat well
When I don’t exercise and eat bad it definitely effects my mood. I begin to feel down and sluggish. On the other hand, when I regularly work out and ditch the sugar I feel better about myself, and my clothes fit a little better too…win win.

3.   Listen to your favourite Music
Put on your favourite jam (yeah I went there) and get lost in the music. Remember that album you used to love growing up? That song that you love dancing to? The one you know every single lyric to (and probably have an awesome dance routine to go along with it)? Whack it on and forget about the present for a moment.

4.   Pamper night
Who doesn’t love a pamper night. I can be so anti-social, I love spending a night in, or even a weekend in on my own. I start by having a nice relaxing Lush bath and putting on a face mask. Next I order in food, and by food I mean Dominos and plenty of it, put on my comfiest pair of pyjamas and binge watch Netflix. I get to watch all the TV shows like Gossip Girl that I can’t watch when the boyfriend is around and eat like no one’s watching.

5.   Do something fun!
One of the most stress reducing things I ever did was to go to an adult ball pool. It was an exhibition that was on at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester (I think it went all over the country too) and oh em gee it was so much fun! It was so de-stressing to act like a child again, doing back flips and taking silly pictures. The next fun things I’m planning on doing are Jump Nation and Junk Yard Golf.


What do you do to de-stress?


 What are your tricks for de-stressing? Let me know in the comment section below.
Share:

4 comments

  1. I too like to go for a walk and stick my headphones on when having a stressful day. I also like to plan days out in places I've never been before with friends as a way to go somewhere new and forget about work or whatever for a day and just have fun! I also use an app called Headspace that helps you when your having a stressful day or suffer from anxiety which I recommend you try out!

    Isobel x

    New post: www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New video: http://youtu.be/JqoWvvt0MR8
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a great idea, I love exploring new places! I'll have to check out Headspace :) xx

      Delete
  2. This blog post was so inspiring to read! Thanks for sharing, definitely going to try having more time for myself!

    I find that going for a light run helps me to de-stress as it releases endorphins and makes me a lot more chilled. Also, having a movie day with my boyfriend helps alot :)

    Love Emily X

    www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Ah yes, a light run always makes me feel better and a movie night with the boyfriend :) Especially on a Friday night so you can have a movie marathon without worrying about having to wake up early! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig