Sunday, 20 March 2016

Happy Day in Cambridge


So yesterday it was International Day of Happiness, which recognises happiness as a fundamental human goal. So I thought I would write todays post about my happy day out in Cambridge. I love Cambridge, it’s a beautiful and romantic city. And this weekend we were lucky enough to get some spring sunshine, so I was very happy!




When I visit Cambridge I like to spend a day doing all of the tourist stuff, I never grow bored of it. Firstly I made my way to Kings College and picked up the usual ice cream from Toni’s ice cream stall and sat on the wall enjoying the views and the sunshine – happy! Not only is Kings College itself lovely but the buildings opposite are so full of charm and character.



After this relaxing stop I made my way to Mill Pond (stopping to check out the famous clock of course) where I sat on the bridge and watched the punts. I usually like to go on the punts and would highly recommend you have a go if you’re visiting Cambridge. I’ve been quite a few times and today I was in a lazy mood so I just wanted to sit and watch punts go by. I feel very content and happy at Mill Pond, it’s a very calming place.



So after all this sitting down relaxing all happily, I went on a stroll around the city. There’s so much history to explore, with many quaint and cute alleyways – it’s a great city to get lost in. I absolutely love the colourful buildings and always end up snapping a few.


So that’s my post on my happy day in Cambridge, which also happened to be the first day of spring! I hope you had a happy day as well, what did you get up to?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the pictures you took, Cambridge looks like such a beautiful city. I'm sure I'd love it there as well! :) Sounds like you had a lovely day x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was a lovely day, such a pretty city. Visit in summer if you can 💙 X x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig