Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Tropical World


On Sunday I went to Tropical World at Roundhay Park in Leeds. Tropical World is a garden tourist attraction with tropical plants and exotic wildlife. We went at possibly one of the busiest times ever! It was right at the start of half-term holidays, there were so many families and children there. Not quite the quiet day trip I expected but still a lovely day out.



The first thing you do at Tropical World is walk through the butterfly sanctuary part. I was sort of expecting there to be a lot more butterflies than there were. When I first walked in a few flew by my face and I got excited, but after that I didn’t see any more until the very end. Maybe they were all hiding or having a romantic Sunday afternoon alone. But the place did look pretty with all the greenery and waterfalls. Plus it was kept really warm for the wildlife, which was a nice contrast to the icy weather outside.






I really enjoyed all the birds at Tropical World! There were bright, colourful parrots and some funny birds I’ve never heard of before. They would just walk right alongside you on the path, or cut in front of you as they crossed form one side to the other. There was one species of bird in particular that made me giggle, they just dangle their bums below the wires looking very happy with themselves. We picked a species of bird from one of the information boards and went bird spotting but neither of us could find the ones we chose! 







I always gravitate towards the meerkats whenever I’m at the zoo, so when I found out there were some at Tropical World I picked up my pace a bit to get there quicker. I love how one always stands guard, doing the famous meerkats pose, while the others just mess about. Are you a big animal lover too? What’s your favourite wild animal?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day, the pictures turned out very pretty! :) Also I love the outfit you were wearing x

    Sara / aboutlittlethiings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely thanks. Awww thank you very much! I've just dug out the denim jacket in the hope the spring weather will arrive lol x x

      Delete
  2. I didn't know this existed! I live about an hour away from Leeds, i really enjoy going to places like this.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's close! Yeah it was a nice little place and only a fiver to get in! I'd recommend not going in peak periods though, it was a little crowded on my visit, not too bad though x

      Delete
  3. Nice day out. Lovely pictures. I will start taking photos myself this spring. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can't wait for Spring to come and bring some better lighting :)

      Delete
  4. I always forget about half term now that I'm not at uni any more. Luckily, I don't seem to accidentally plan things in it (touch wood). I love heading to gardens in the middle of winter time, although the can be a little bare, I really like finding the greenhouses and using them as the perfect place to warm up!

    It's been such a long time since I've seen butterflies! They are such gorgeous creatures!

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I constantly forget! I love butterflies too, they're so pretty. Chester Zoo has a really good butterfly sanctuary. It has a really good everything to be fair :) xx

      Delete
  5. i love the photos and this place seems sooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig