Sunday, 7 February 2016

Pretty City Cambridge


Cambridge is one of my most favourite cities in the world. With its beautiful college grounds, charming buildings and famous punts, there’s so much to love about the city. Luckily for me the boyfriend is from Cambridge, so we go to visit all the time and I get a guided tour from a local. One thing Cambridge is very well known for is the Colleges. There’s quite a few, including King’s College, Jesus College, Trinity College, Clare College, etc. The building and grounds are lovely to walk around in the summer each with their own individual personality and style. 







Cambridge in the summertime is my idea of perfection, it’s my favourite time to visit. Not only is the entire place just beautiful to walk around (seriously, it’s so beautiful!), they also hold lots of events, such as Jazz and Brass in the Park, Midsummer Fair and The Big Weekend. I love sitting in the park on a sunny day, listening to the live music and having a couple of drinks with friends.




Another perk of visiting in the summer is, of course, the punts! So firstly there’s the Mill Pond, which is the area next to where the main punt docking (not sure if that’s the right word) place is. People sit there having a picnic and sunbathing, watching people punt. There’s also the Mill Pond pub where you can get a nice refreshing beverage to cool you down! Then there’s the actual punts. It’s so much fun! Basically it involves pushing yourself along the river in a wooden boat, which usually holds up to about 12 people, using a long wooden pole. I've even had a go at it myself and was surprisingly good at it (sort of, I didn't fall in at least). You can do it on your own or you can do a guided tour, which are pretty good if you would like to learn a bit more about the city. Last time I went we stopped off at a wine merchants and spent the next hour slowly going along the river sipping on rose and taking in the views.






Cambridge is an amazing city to get lost in, with its cobbled streets and rich history. There are so many colourful buildings and great #DoorAppreciations going on! I've still got a lot more to see there, I can’t wait to go exploring again!








Share:

2 comments

  1. It will be on my trip list for next year. Lovely pictures. Your photos shows daily life as it is. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you have fun. I'll be back this year to take more pics of it in the summer, it's so beautiful at that time of year! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig