Sunday, 14 February 2016

Give me Pho


Please sir, can I have some Pho? Gimme gimme Pho gimme Pho. Pho Pho Pho, how d’ya like it, how d’ya like it? Okay I’m done with the puns…almost…one Pho time! Now I am done, promise.

I recently went to Pho with the boyfriend for his birthday and I absolutely love this restaurant so I thought I would write up a little review on the place. For those of you who haven’t heard of Pho before, it is a chain of Vietnamese restaurants that have around 18 locations all over Engalnd, including Manchester, Cambridge, Birmingham, London, Brighton and Leeds. Pho first began when a couple travelled to Vietnam and fell in love with the place. While eating a Pho Bo in Ho Chi Minh they loved the food so much they decided to open up a restaurant back home.

So the first thing you’ll notice when you go to Pho is the awesome décor that they have. Red brick walls, an assortment of lamps hanging from the roof and off the walls and wooden chairs and tables, it’s all very hip and stylish. The staff are really friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu, which is great when you don’t know Vietnamese food all too well!


 We started the evening with Mojitos. I’m not a big fan of mojitos, it’s not something I ever order for myself. But when I booked the meal at Pho online, I put in the comment box it was for a birthday, expecting them to maybe put up a balloon up on the table. Instead they brought us both birthday cocktails for free. Amazing! And they actually tasted really good, one of the best cocktails I’ve had, which was a happy surprise.



Next on the menu was our starters. We went for Chả giò, which are crispy spring rolls and you can choose either vegetable or pork (we went pork). We also had Cánh gà, crispy chicken wings served with sriracha. Both were really tasty but the winner was the pork spring rolls, they were crammed full of meat and veg and were so incredibly delicious, I could easily have ate more!



For the main event we had the Pho Bo Combo, which is a noodle soup dish with steak, brisket and meatballs (sounds incredible right?). You can have different Pho dishes with just one of the meats but it was a special occasion after all so we went for the combo. It is sort of like a big broth with noodles and meat. The soup is really tasty and the meat is cooked perfectly. Word of warning though, the Pho Bo Combo is huge and neither of us could finish it, so if you’re looking for something a little lighter I recommend going for one of the other options with just one meat. If you’re up for a challenge, the combo is the one for you!

It’s Pho than a feeling, Pho than a feeling! Sorry, couldn’t resist! Have you ever been to Pho?
Share:

4 comments

  1. Naturally I'm reading this at dinner time, so my stomach is seriously growing as I read this! I'd love to go here - those crispy chicken wings sound right up my street!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no, it's like shopping hungry, not a good combination! Everything I've ate there has been so tasty! Highly recommend.

      Delete
  2. No. It looks so yummy. Delicious. I will have a soup, a spice one if they have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig