Wednesday, 6 January 2016

New Years In Dublin


I've been wanting to go away over New Years for… well, too many years now. But things have always got in the way, like having to work or lack of funds! When I realised I got twelve days off over the Christmas period this year I jumped at the chance to book a holiday. So me and my boyfriend, along with my brother, sister and my sister’s boyfriend, booked a four night stay in Dublin. We stayed in a lovely apartment at Spencer Dock Apartments, which is just a twenty minute walk from the city centre or a ten minute tram ride. And the tram stop was right outside the building, which came in very handy for us as there was what they called a ‘family of storms’ while we visited.






The first thing we did, after having a little grumble about the weather, was go exploring the streets. I love just wandering around a city I’ve never visited before, getting lost and stumbling upon new places. I really liked all the cobbled streets and brick buildings, the place felt full of history and charm.




 We also got some sight-seeing in and managed to have a look at Dublin Castle (and I mean just a look, we got there too late the first time and it shut early the next), pop inside Christ Cathedral and explore the Museum of Art. Unfortunately we did not have to time to go to the Guinness factory but we did go to the Old Jameson Distillery.




Another thing that was full of charm and character was, of course, the bars. And boy, there are SO many bars in Dublin!! You are spoilt for choice with one on every corner, middle of the street and in-between and yet all of them are lively and packed full of people. Of course we had to visit the famous Temple Bar area. The bars there were quite pricey, with one round of a couple of drinks costing nearing twenty euros, but the atmosphere was fantastic with live music on all over. I definitely will be going back to Dublin, just maybe in the summer next time!







Share:

4 comments

  1. Everything looks so pretty in Ireland! <3 Must be so much fun bar hopping in Dublin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my pictures! Bar hopping was lots of fun, it would take forever to visit every one of them though lol :)

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so good in Ireland , it is somewhere that I want to go later this year . Loved the blog post and the ideas off where to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you found it useful! I would like to go agin but this time to the countryside in summertime :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!

© Minty Memories | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig